MOU Study Guide:
Here are some links to help you review the full text of OSSTF MOU below:
A comparison chart of the OECTA and OSSTF MOU is @ Compare
You can find the OECTA MOU here @ OECTA MOU Document
The official Q+A on the OECTA MOU is @ OECTA MOU Q+A
Here's a backgrounder on the OSSTF LTD [Long Term Disability Plan] @ OSSTF LTD Plan
Here's what an earlier release on the proposed OSSTF LTD plan @ LTD Proposal
NOTES: For your assistance I have highlighted a few key areas of interest in the OSSTF MOU text below, especially in relation to: Local Collective Bargaining Items, VLAP [Voluntary Leave of Absence Program, Unpaid Days, ERIP [Early Retirement Incentive Plan]. Reconciliation Committee, Sick Leave Days, Top Up Plan, OSSTF LTD Plan, Non Vested Retirement Gratuity, Future Grids, Implementation Committee, and the Provincial Benefits Plan etc.
OSSTF MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
1. In the interest of promoting an improved environment for learning and teaching, the above mentioned parties have reached this Memorandum of Understanding ( OSSTF/FEESO MOU) which includes all the of the attached provisions.
1. In order to provide potential financial savings to the Board, a Voluntary Unpaid Leave of Absence Program (VLAP) shall be established for all OSSTF/FEESO bargaining units effective May 1, 2013
1. Voluntary Unpaid Leave of Absence Program
2. Efficiencies in the delivery of professional development for the Oct 11, 2013 PD day will be used to provide funding for offsetting measures equivalent to 16% of the cost of an unpaid day. Further, this PD day will be a day reserved for the delivery of Ministry priorities.
3. An Early Retirement Incentive Plan (ERIP) will be introduced in the event that the savings in #1 and #2 are not projected to provide sufficient cost recovery for one unpaid day across the Bargaining Unit.
If the necessary savings are achieved in #1 and #2 the Board may choose to implement the ERIP program at its discretion.
Any requirements for notification periods for retirement or specific retirement dates shall be waived in the 2013-2014 school year. A minimum two week retirement notice period shall be provided to boards in the open period from November 30, 2013 to the last day of Semester 1 in the 2013-2014 school year.
Sick Leave Days
C) LTD Claims Administration i) Provide notification of prolonged absences after 15 consecutive working days to the designated OSSTF Teacher Bargaining Unit Representative and OTIP in order to support the early intervention rehabilitation process ii) Support the mandatory early intervention process by providing contact information where required iii) utilize the OTIP claims kit to adhere to the required procedures for the LTD claims process iv) provide teachers with the appropriate claims applications in the event of disability v) support, complete and submit the employer statement in the LTD claim process vi) support return to work programs for teachers returning from disability including job description, scheduling and salary information)
X = years of service (as of August 31, 2012)
Provincial Benefits Plan
It is agreed that an “Implementation Working Group” (IWG) that will fully investigate the creation of one or more “provincial” benefit plan(s) for the education sector, with a view to consolidation and consistency of approach, will be constituted by April 22, 2013 and commence meeting as soon as reasonably possible.
4. Some members under the umbrella arrangement may wish to consider a different administrator.