OECTA Halton Elementary President Richard Bad Boy Brock has been removed from office and stripped of his members rights and privileges for 2 years as a result of his August 22 Discipline Board hearing.
The Director of the Halton Catholic Board [?], the Halton local executive and membership have been advised by OECTA General Secretary Marshal Jarvis of the decision, in that order.
I am releasing the notice letter since it is now public information on my Sept. 5 blog. Please stay tuned for more.
OECTA Halton Elementary President Richard "Bad Boy" Brock stands up for teachers at the spring 2013 OECTA AGM. Now? He's been dismissed! Stay tuned!
Aug 30 News Watch: Here's the protocol for the release of the results from President Brock's discipline hearing: Out of common decency at the very least one would expect he'd be notified personally first so he will know and can notify his executive, unit membership or whomever as he might choose. After all, it is about him. OECTA Provincial is required to publicly release the info in its next news publication after the decision has been made. Stay tuned. The news black out still remains in effect as of 11:15 am Friday Aug 30.
Aug 23 News Update:
On August 22 everyone present at President Brocks hearing was told that any + all information pertaining to the case was "sealed". That was not done on Richards request, so it certainly wouldn't have been done to help him, despite whatever other malarkey might eventually be used to cover up the cover up.
You will recall that the July 5th OECTA Provincial Executive ratification vote remained confidential for months after the controversial decision was made. Likewise the names and votes for the Council of Presidents "endorsement" vote, [that didn't have any bearing on the MOU which had all ready been ratified]. After the voting info [the names + how they voted] was officially released few could find it anywhere readily apparent, until it was reposted as public info here on this blogsite.
Quite clearly the secret veil of the OECTA "Code of Silence" still remains firmly in place. In Richard Brocks case for whom and for what reason? And for how long are we supposed to wait to find out? It truly boggles the mind!
Here's the story to date:
Is this the OECTA News story of the summer? The year? Today August 22nd, while most everybody is away or not paying attention Halton Elementary President Richard "Bad Boy" Brock will appear before an OECTA kangaroo court hearing. He will ostensibly be tried for speaking out against the OECTA MOU last summer when he did not support the Provincial Executive's unilateral MOU ratification vote.
One has to wonder about the who and why's of anyone insisting on doing so long after the fact! Did Richard not just do what many members believed was morally and principally necessary and right? By take a brave stand rather than enable OECTA in it's folly through his silence, as his members hard earned contract rights were stripped and given away?
For the past while I have been reposting the blog archives from last year. The silence and inchoate anger back then was obviously deafening! The nefarious OECTA Code of Silence was firmly in place as our members were simply told what Provincial OECTA had decided to do. Was that anyway for an association which is supposed to be representing and working for its members to operate? Let alone one who had just broken solidarity with the other teachers affiliates? During a crisis situation in our collective fight against the provincial Liberals + their blatant strike to strip our hard fought contract rights and benefits away?
Will Richard now be told to make an apology? Did you know he could be barred from further holding public office as President of OECTA Halton Elementary after over 20 loyal years of executive service, all because he dared react on principle? What sort of precedent would that set for any remaining semblance of freedom of speech within OECTA?
Who would even consider forwarding or supporting such a vile + ridiculous complaint? Why? How did it ever get this far? Won't the wedge issue being created just continue to split the union apart along the support lines for or against the contentious 2012 OECTA MOU? At the very time when our newly elected President James Ryan and the incoming OECTA 2013-14 executive tries to rebuild our union solidarity within our union + with the other teacher affiliates? At this most critical juncture in time as we enter the latest round off provincial table discussions for our next contract? Does this sound like sour grapes to you? It sure does to me! Perhaps even a case of some OECTA'ers drinking too much red OLP Kool-Aid ...
We wait with bated breath to learn more about the charges and the names of all involved so we can better understand the latest OECTA debacle. Also the outcome of this ridiculous trial! Good luck Richard Bad Boy Brock! Thanks for continuing to fight the good fight on behalf of all our provinces teachers!