- Zero % wage increase;
- Reductions in sick leave entitlements;
- Delaying the movement of new teachers up the salary grid;
- Eliminations of retirement gratuities.
- Elimination of prep time for non classroom teachers (e.g. library, guidance, special ed. etc); Supply teachers would get no prep time, i.e. they would be fully assigned for the entire work day;
- More on-calls and supervision duties to be assigned to teachers;
- Teachers’ professional judgement to be further devalued by giving Boards the power to tell teachers what/when/how to assess/evaluate student work.
- Allowing principals and VPs to be reinstated into the teachers’ bargaining unit (think school closures and downsizing), ahead of BU members, allowing them full seniority and without payment of union dues. Thus a principal, “surplus to requirements”, could be placed into a teaching position which might lead to a “regular teacher” being laid off.
- Further cuts to sick leave and other benefits;
My Blogsite Acronym Guide is @ Here!
Tim's July 2013 article on "Ken Coran: Was OSSTF Betrayed?" @ Here
OPSBA's [the trustees] initial contract offer is @ Link Fixed!
Strike news links are provided in the "Teacher + Union" sections of my monthly all affiliate Teacher Free Speech News and Views blogs @ Jan @ Feb @ March @ April
Here's a study guide for our new Collective Bargaining Act  @ Bill 122
My DIY Teacher Free Speech Spring 2015 Contract Guide is @ Here!