Hello David :
1. One Member One Vote- on tentative contracts and all candidates running for OECTA's Provincial Executive. OECTA members deserve an individual vote.
2. Ban the use of any ME TOO clause, or similar clause, in all OECTA contract bargaining.
3. Create a new OECTA SUNSHINE List of Provincial Executive members and Provincial Staff members salaries and compensation/benefits packages. Rank and file OECTA members pay 100% of these salaries as shareholders of this union and are entitled to this information.
4. Electronic voting for all OECTA members be enacted immediately. OSSTF and ETFO can do it, why not OECTA? Are OECTA members paying a lower teacher fee? NO. So why don't we have the same service level from our union? This could be used to hold periodic referendums on issues important to the union membership. OECTA Listens is asking about 21st Century Learning-why isn't our union embracing and leading in technology?
5. Reduce political party contributions by OECTA to minimal levels. BILL 115 proved that political parties will do what they want to do regardless of donations, so why not reduce the dollar amount of political party donations and refund saved fees back to the teachers who paid them? Decrease the teacher fee for a change.
6. Any other ideas to return this union back to serving its members who pay all the bills are most welcome. Open, honest, transparent, and accountable leadership and ACTIONS might just save OECTA!